For the first time, embedded analytics has become a top priority for executive management. More and more CEO’s are driving their teams to embed their data and become more efficient as they optimize their business intelligence strategy.
For those companies and organizations that have their own SDK development team, Launchworks has developed a Restful API Controller that dramatically reduces the complexity of developing your own application from the bottom up.
Typical coding work
can be reduced by 90%
Embedded Analytics is the Use of reports and dashboards within business applications.
These reports and dashboards normally are created in BI platforms outside the application that you use to manage your business data. The benefit of Embedded Analytics brings the data needed to make decisions closer to where the decisions take place. This is done by connecting the BI platforms, making then accessible from inside the applications users use every day without forcing users to switch between applications.
- The real knowledge about a company is not in its data but in the business intelligence tools that transform its data into information.
- Company of all sizes want to make better decisions on relevant and timely information which is separated by disparate applications, programming languages, architectures and security layers
- Customers spend exorbitant amounts to access this information often by replacing the system by migrating to the latest platform that promises a more open architecture.
The key to embedded analytics according to Gartner is that
“The integration of a business intelligence (BI) platform with the application architecture will enable users to choose where in the business process the analytics should be embedded.”
Benefits for User access
We have built a common language API providing direct communications between a company’s applications and the platforms that house their business intelligence. LaunchWorks’ Launch BI API provides enhanced a common way to connect to and interconnect all your Business Intelligence platforms with your other custom apps, cloud and on premise web applications including customer portals, intranet portals like SharePoint and custom applications.
- Eliminate effort and delay of finding information throughout the enterprise
- Users make faster decisions with access to real time data directly in the applications that end users every day without switching apps.
- ROI of “One platform for many applications” reducing number of reporting projects and increasing adoptions rates.
Launch BI allows you to integrate Business Intelligence platforms such as
- IBM Cognos
- SAP BusinessObjects (SDK and REST)
- Tableau Server
- com reports
- Launch BI is a powerful and agnostic API for the delivery of BI services that other web and mobile applications can tap into using web standards for
- Connectivity and SSO (Oauth, SAML, Basic, Custom)
- Connectivity and SSO (Oauth, SAML, Basic, Custom)
- Data transfer (JSON, CSV)
- Export formats (PDF, XLSX, DOCX, PPTX)
Launch BI includes the flexible API needed for any web application development
platforms to integrate Embedded Analytics as part of its reporting functionality including with significantly less development. This is because the API Was driven around how reports need to be access not how they are created.:
- Report listings
- On demand HTML views
- Scheduling and history access
- On demand Data exports and WYSIWYG report exports
- Report Creation
- Session Optimization
Build vs. Buy
Almost every enterprise application purchase comes down to a Build vs. Buy Decision. More than likely, you are probably an IT influencer or decision maker researching Launch BI in a Build vs. Buy comparison. Your requirements are that you must provide BI reports and dashboards in different formats to external customers, vendors, or other departments. These deliverables must be secure, scalable, and comply with both internal and governing standards.
We understand your position. The LaunchWorks application stack was built from 10+ years of customer consulting on the Build decision. We can tell you exactly how long it takes to build report and dashboard functionality into an external application using the BusinessObjects SDK. You can expect to allocate 3 developers for 6 to 9 months in a Build decision. We are confident in this for two reasons: we have significant experience supporting these consulting engagements and we regularly assist new customers who come to us frustrated with the results of their Build decision. Every conversation starts with “It took us 3 developers and 6 months to try this on our own…”
Refer to the chart below which is a side-by-side comparison of a “3 developers for 6 months” cost versus buying our Launch BI application:
Per the table above, the decision to buy is self-evident and all inclusive. You achieve success relative to implementation timing, resourcing, and cost. In addition, 3 of your valuable resources are now available to work on projects that are probably better aligned with their core competencies.
For more information, contact LaunchWorks sales.
* Not including support or services